SUMMER YOUTH PROGRAMS
This is a co-ed program for newcomer children ages 8 to 12. The program is designed to provide them with a safe and fun medium to meet new friends and learn about their new community.
YOUTH-IN-TRANSITION (YIT) BOYS
This is a leadership program for newcomer boys ages 13 to 15. The program is designed to support the clients to establish social/professional networks and gain the life skills that they need to become empowered and positive role models in the community.
YOUTH-IN-TRANSITION (YIT) GIRLS
This is a girls' participation and leadership program designed to create equitable opportunities for newcomer girls ages 13 to 15 to gain knowledge and skills required for future leadership roles.
- Sports, Games, Recreation
- ESL classes
- Arts and Crafts
- Tours and Field Trips
- Fundraising / Community Connections
- Basic Life skills / Self-Care workshops
- Participants must be Permanent Residents living in Canada for less than 3 years
- Participants must be available for the entire duration of the program
- Program Schedule: Monday to Friday 9:30am-3:30pm
- Location: Varies by program (Contact the office for more information)
- Intake Times: July and August, Registrations taken all year. First come first serve basis
- Download the Registration form here: IWS Summer Program Registration Form 2016
- Send in the Registration form by email, regular mail or drop off at our main office